Sunday, January 12, 2014

Wine (Wednesdays)

As most have you have done at least once in your lifetime, I've taken the Myers Briggs personality test. I had to take it in college and graduate school a few times. Each time I've taken it, I've always gotten "E" for extroverted. As I get older, I feel like I'm becoming more introverted though. I like my routines and don't always venture out of my comfort zone.

As a part of my quest to rid myself of negativity in my environment, I also want to decrease the negativity within my self. I want to be more of my extroverted self and have plenty of opportunity for socializations.

I've mentioned the idea of having a wine night with my friends, and I've decided to roll out with it! A few of my friends used to host a Wine Wednesday every Wednesday night in college. That schedule doesn't seem that conducive to our working lives now. I would love to have a wine night once/twice a month on a Friday, so that we can each get drunk and not feel bad about going to work the next morning.

I would also want there to be a theme to each wine night. A friend of mine gave me this idea: each person must bring a bottle of wine that goes with the theme for the night. Below are a few theme ideas...

Bring a bottle that:
  • Comes from Spain
  •  Has a quirky name
  •  Has a red label
  • Is a Cabernet
  •  Is 1.75 L
  • The store recommended
  • Is under $10
 I love the idea of the themes! Hopefully, we can start having our wine nights in a week or two. I'll keep you posted of what themes we do. Cheers to being social and getting tipsy off of wine with your friends!

Do you host a wine night with your friends? How do you make it more fun? Pair the wine with cheese?

No comments:

Post a Comment