Thursday, January 2, 2014

Thursday Thought

"If you are depressed, you live in the past. 
If you are anxious, you live in the future. 
If you are at peace, you live in the present." 
Lao Tzu

Too often, I build up anxiety and worry about things that I can't control in the future. I prepare the best that I can in the present for whatever is making me anxious, but I still can't seem to let go. 

I like this article by The Greatest Daily. It teaches you techniques to kick anxiety in the butt. One technique which I use often is monitoring my breath. I try to have slow, controlled breaths like in yoga. It's very helpful in lowering my blood pressure and body temperature. 

Take a look at the article! I hope that we all can try to live in the present a little more in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment