Monday, January 20, 2014

Monday's Intention

Hope you had a great weekend! I am inspired by this Monday's intention by an article that I read Sunday morning over breakfast. I found it on Pinterest, but it was published on the ASHAsphere website. To summarize the article, it states that parents who continue to give their toddlers sippy cups are only doing their children a disservice. Sippy cups encourage an immature suck-swallow pattern and could do some damage to dentition. So, what should you do instead? Use an open cup or a cup with straw. A sippy cup is NOT a part of a child's developmental milestones.

This leads me to my intention for the week, but also for my lifetime... I want to continue to learn and research about what is out their in my profession. It will help me be a better clinician but also a well-educated mommy someday!

Have a great weekend! Please pass along the article to all parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment