Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Who Wants Guacamole?

Hi friends!

In the past year or so, I've been on a guacamole kick. I recently made my guacamole recipe for a weekend bbq with friends. It was delicious, if I do say so myself. Avocados have great health benefits, and you DO NOT need to buy them organic. The following is my go-to, easy recipe...

Recipe: Guacamole
Serves 6

1/2 small white onion, peeled and finely diced
2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely diced
4 ripe avocados
1/2 cup of your favorite jarred salsa
3 tablespoons Newman's Own Black Bean & Corn Salsa (Medium) or a similar bean dip
1 tsp kosher salt
pepper to taste
lime juice to taste

What to do

Slice the avocados in half around the pit, remove the pit, and scrape the flesh out. Place in a large bowl, and use a fork to mash the avocados to a chunky texture. I will sometimes use a potato masher to mash the avocados as opposed to a fork. Use whatever works for you!

Squeeze the fresh lime juice into the bowl and mix. Add the onion, garlic, salsa, and bean dip. Mix to blend ingredients. Add the salt and pepper to taste. 

 Taste the guacamole and add more salt if necessary.
Lauren's Guacamole
This recipe is able to be adapted in anyway. If you don't like bean dip or don't have it, don't use it! Like cilantro? Add it! 

I'd love you hear your go-to guacamole recipe! Feel free to leave your recipe below in the comments, and I'll be sure to try it out and let you know how it went! 
Come back tomorrow for a post about what I'm currently listening to! :)
-Lauren

2 comments:

  1. I love Guacamole, this recipe sounds and looks delicious. I will give it a try, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete