Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Let's Go on a Road Trip!

Mapped-Out Road Trip from myscenicdrive.com
As I mentioned in a previous post, I am amidst planning my cross-country road trip after I graduate! The plan is to leave May 20th and take about a month to travel in the mapped-out loop shown above. Over Easter weekend, I Googled cross country trip planner and came across an amazing site called myscenicdrive.com. This site allows you to easily create your road trip plan. It even calculates the total cost of gas, as well as lists nearby hotels and campgrounds near your destination points. I have found this site very useful and would recommend it to anyone trying to plan a cross-country road trip or just a within state drive. Check it out!

Below is a list of major areas and attractions that my boyfriend and I are hoping to visit on our trip...

  • Niagra Falls, NY
  • Cambridge, WI (where I have family)
  • Badlands National Park
  • Mt. Rushmore
  • Devil's Tower & Crazy Horse Memorial
  • Yellowstone National Park
  • Grand Teton Loop
  • Napa Valley
  • Stanford, CA
  • Yosemite National Park
  • Sequoia National Park
  • Las Vegas
  • Northern Rim of the Grand Canyon
  • Bryce, Utah
  • Glenwood Spring & Denver, CO
  • Kansas City or St. Louis
  • Nashville
  • Manchester, TN--for Bonnaroo!!
  • Smokey Mts.
  • Lake Norman, NC
  • Alexandria, VA (where I have family) & Washington DC
Any other suggestions of places that we must see or remove from our list? Any good restaurants that you know of along the way? We enjoy good food and hiking!
-Lauren


No comments:

Post a Comment