Monday, April 15, 2013

Welcome!

Welcome to C'est La Vie.

My name is Lauren, and I currently live in Boston, MA. I am getting ready to graduate college in less than 3 weeks from Northeastern University. I study speech language pathology and want to work at a skilled nursing facility beginning in the fall; however, I'm still job searching and looking forward to having my summer off from most responsibilities.

This blog will serve to highlight some of my hobbies, including cooking, DIY fun, travel, fashion, interior/exterior decorating, and organization. Today's post will highlight my love of cooking affordable, flavorful, and healthy food. This is a recipe that I've made for a girl's night dinner, for my parents, and for my boyfriend. I exclude the lobster (to save money) and include a warm baguette to dip in the delicious sauce that this recipe makes. Also, the recipe calls for heavy cream but to make it healthier, you could use half & half. Everyone that I've made this dish for has loved it and has gone back for seconds.

Whole Wheat Penne with Lobster and Bacon (and Shrimp)

Bon appetite! If you attempt to make this recipe, let me know how it turns out. :)
Come back tomorrow for another affordable, flavorful, and healthy meal post!
-Lauren

Photo credit: My boyfriend's Droid Bionic camera

No comments:

Post a Comment