Monday, December 9, 2013

Setting Intentions

Happy Monday y'all!

Hope your weekend was fun-filled and fabulous. Onto another work week, and the countdown to the holidays continues. I find it hard to believe that 2013 is slowly coming to an end. It seems like just a few weeks ago that I graduated with my Masters and D and I went on our epic road trip.

Seeing that the year is almost over, it's time to start think about New Years resolutions. I know it's cliche to set New Years resolutions, but I'm a fan. It keeps me focused and driven to accomplish something outside of work. As you may know, I already keep a list of 101 things to do in 1001 days. I'll admit, I haven't been the best about updating my list. This will soon change...

From now on, every Monday, I plan to jot down a weekly intention. This intention, big or small, will be a goal that I wish to accomplish by the end of the week. I came interested in the idea of setting a weekly intention during a recent yoga class. Our yoga instructor had us set an intention to accomplish by the end of the class. Mine was to not give up during those intense poses and keep focused on my breath. Seems easy, but I worked hard to accomplish that intention.

I ask you to set a weekly intention with me. I always found that if I had someone holding me accountable for my goals that I was more likely to follow through with them.

My intention this week is to drink 8 glasses of water each day.

A beautiful sunset to get your week off to a good start.
Good luck setting your intention and resolutions! I'm excited to share my Christmas gift guide for the ladies tomorrow! Did you see the men gift guide?

No comments:

Post a Comment