Monday, November 18, 2013

Risotto, Prosciutto, and Bricco, O My!

Wow what a fun weekend! I had friends (R and V) come and stay with me in Boston for the weekend. I learned how to play Spades, and I think I may be slightly addicted...

My boyfriend and I along with my friends who visited, who happen to be engaged, went out to the North End on Saturday night to Bricco. DELICIOUS! I had their risotto special, and D had the pork chop special. I highly recommend anyone dining in the North End to check out Bricco. Their bread is made in-house, so on Sunday afternoon after R and V left, D and I hopped on the T and went back to Bricco to take home some of their delicious bread. We got 2 loaves of a prosciutto and cheese bread along with an Italian baguette. Yum.

R & V ordered: veal ravioli with truffle butter sauce & braised beef in drum pasta
Thanks for a fabulous weekend, friends! 
Here are a few things that I'm looking forward to this week:

1. Game night! My friends and I get together almost every Thursday and play games, such as Anomia, Things, and Wits and Wagers. We may drink more than we play ;)

2. Friend Thanksgiving! My good friends from college are hosting Friend Thanksgiving. I told them that I would make garlic mashed potatoes. Recipe to follow later this week...

3. My golden birthday! My 24th birthday on Nov. 24 is right around the corner. My roommate is hosting a cocktail party at our apartment. The theme is black and gold. My roommate shopped for decor at Michael's this past weekend, and she won't show me anything she bought! I can't wait for the surprise! Gold everything... especially drinks! Gold drink recipes to share on the blog also later this week...

Photo Credit: My fabulous friend, V. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment