Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Garlic Mashed Potatoes

Friday is Friendsgiving! I'm so excited for good food, drinks, and friends. My friend, K, is attempting to roast a turkey and stuffing for the first time... Ekk! I'm glad that I don't have that task. Although I wouldn't consider myself an inexperienced cook, I wanted to make sure to bring something that is easy and simple to make for a lot of people. Thus, my garlic mashed potatoes.


Garlic Mashed Potatoes
3 lbs of russet potatoes
1 stick of salted, room-temperature butter
1/4 cup of heavy cream (roughly)
2 cloves of crushed garlic
Handful of kosher salt...no I'm not kidding
Diced chives for garnish (optional)

Peel and dice potatoes into equal size pieces. Add potatoes, handful of kosher salt, and crushed garlic to large stock pot. Add enough water to just cover potatoes. Heat to high and boil potatoes until you can pierce them easily with a fork. Drain water and add potatoes back into the stock pot. Add heavy cream and butter. Use a hand beater on medium until you have beautifully whipped, garlic mashed potatoes. Garnish with diced chives or anything else you prefer to add a pop of color. Serve in a large [red] ceramic bowl. ENJOY!

(Photo credit: http://blog.seasonwithspice.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment