Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Camping & Hiking

As some of you may know, my friends and I love to camp and hike. We go mostly in NH in the White Mountains. Last year, I hiked Mt. Washington and Mt. Liberty. I'm glad that I hiked Mt. Washington, considering it's the highest peak in the Northeast, but I wouldn't recommend doing it more than once. The views of the surrounding mountains are obstructed with the buildings they have built at the summit, and the whole thing is very commercialized. I can't stand the bumper stickers that say "This car climbed Mt. Washington." I want to get a tattoo saying "This body climbed Mt. Washington," but I would never.

My favorite hike is the Mt. Lafayette, Mt. Lincoln & Franconia Ridge Loop. It's an all-day hike with amazing panoramic views of Franconia, NH. The last time I hiked it was in 2011. I plan to hike it again this season. Here are some pictures of that hike:

My favorite hike: Mt. Lafayette, Mt. Lincoln & Franconia Ridge Loop 
Hiking the Loop with my friends on Columbus Day Weekend 2011 

This weekend I am going camping in Franconia Notch, and I can't wait to begin the camping/hiking season! Do you camp or hike? Any recommendations? My friends and I are trying to branch out of NH hiking and explore Maine and Vermont this season.

Come back next week for another post! Until then friends!

1 comment:

  1. Camping can be a relaxing and adventurous experience that one person or a whole family can enjoy.

    Outdoor Blog

    ReplyDelete